Tuesday, October 14, 2025

Cartoons Teach Lessons

 I am a full-grown adult. As such, I bet it is not on anyone’s bingo card for me that I enjoy cartoons. If they still showed them on local networks, my Saturday mornings would probably still be full of cereal and animated fun. However, as an adult, I also see things in reruns of cartoons and even some newer cartoons that I did not care about as a child. It is the fact that cartoons can be a learning device, not just random colorful television shows. They show us friendship, sharing, perseverance, strength, and even history, science, and general knowledge lessons. I am not just talking about children’s cartoons designed to do this. I personally learned what a didgeridoo was by watching Spongebob. I mean don’t get me wrong, I am not saying every cartoon, or even every episode of every cartoon, is this type of entertainment, but there are many episodes of many cartoons that fit this bill. One would be very surprised at how much we can learn from the names of the Pokemon, silly as some of them may sound. However, this is the point. It is not that we should never enjoy something just because. It is also not the case where just because something is nonsensical that it should be avoided because kids will not gain anything from it but a little mindless brainrot. Instead, we should take every opportunity to learn from anything we see, even if it is an odd television program about a walking, talking kitchen sponge and all of his friends. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...