Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Joy

Joy is defined as a feeling or state of well-being and contentment. Simple definition, but many people find it very difficult to have joy in their lives. If you’re reading this, though, take it from a person who has seen it, joy is not that hard to find. The biggest issue is seeking out the joyful things in life. And before you think that I am some wishy-washy “guru” with an axe to grind about not needing material things, let me just stop you right there. If material things bring you joy, then, by all means, get a few more things. I am also not going to be your doctor here. If you want to smoke that cigarette and drink that beer, then know that everyone has a crutch and every day we are living, we are slowly dying, so smoke, drink, do what makes you happy. Want to binge watch that TV show, binge; want to cook for the hell of it, cook (and donate the food to your neighbors, you might bring them some joy). Just know that in saying all this, I am not giving anyone an excuse to go off the deep end. If you can’t afford your material things, you may have to wait to get them. And if what brings you joy inevitably ends up making someone else’s life miserable, maybe find some other joy-bringer (don’t murder folks, it’s wrong any way you look at it). One of my joys comes from rambling on about topics of my interest. To reach that state of well-being and contentment, one has to accept that not everything in life is great. They have to be content with what they have available to increase their state of well-being. My hope is that with enough of these blogs, I can increase my state of well-being to the point that I am at the height of my contentment. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...