Spooky season is upon us again. That means it is time to go get a costume, whether that be making it yourself or shelling out a chunk of money for a mass produced one. Either way, let’s all agree to do a little fortune telling for the night of our apparel. What I mean is, it is perfectly okay to wear your piece of lingerie as a costume, but only if it is an adult’s only occasion. Every year, inevitably, I will see someone that did not understand the word “sexy” on their costume they bought, wearing it to some school function or a family Halloween party. I am not trying to be a prude here. In fact, if I am honest, I like to look at the costume and everything it holds, but my wondering eye does not need to be able to do that at the yearly office gathering. I am sure the spouse of said persons is overjoyed at the prospect of their partner wearing something so revealing. However, everyone else should not have the opportunity. Although, I cannot only blame the people who cannot read a 4 letter word. I also have to cast shade on the industry of costume making. The “sexy” section of costumes has gotten larger and larger while the fabric contained within that cellophane package has gotten smaller and smaller. Amazon is full of different costumes made sexy. I personally would not give that much money for such a small costume, no matter what it would eventually be used for. This year, let’s all agree to kill two birds with one stone. We will make our own costumes, forcing the costume industry to bleed a little, while also making sure that our costumes are fit for any occasion so we are not literally caught with our pants down. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An Appropriate Phone Call
I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...
-
With the recent passing of May 1 st or May Day as many know it, it has come to my attention that we really do celebrate a day for just abou...
-
Red hearts, cards, flowers, and a box of nasty chocolate. That solves everything. Or does it. It is simple for most people this time of year...
-
The sky is falling and we are all going to die. Okay, so not every problem is Chicken Little level of difficulty to figure out, but at least...
No comments:
Post a Comment