Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Apocalypse Could Happen, But It Probably Won't

It is weird the places my mind goes to sometimes when I am allowed to daydream, but, every now and again, my mind passes by an idea that I actually think about at length. The other day I had one of those moments where I thought about how an apocalypse would happen if it did. I realized I had no great amount of information on the subject. So after binge watching like 2 seasons of “The Walking Dead”, “World War Z”, and “Warm Bodies”(mostly because I like Teresa Palmer), I came to the conclusion that the apocalypse will probably never happen. See I always thought that the apocalypse was caused from some kind of nuclear incident. However, from my research I learned that the most common way is some sort of pathogen or infection causing the dead to rise. Now if the pandemic taught us anything, it’s that we do not do well with sickness. Although, I feel like we already made it through once so maybe we could do it again with some other microbe. Moreover, most of my references assume that society would quickly dissolve in a world full of zombies, but I think we could hold out in our homes for a few decades before we really started to lose our sanity. I mean, we wouldn’t starve. We would just make the food delivery services the warriors of the outside world. Why risk our lives when they would be making money to do so. Lastly, I think it is possible, although slim, that maybe we could save the zombies by falling in love with them. At least I think that’s what happened in “Warm Bodies”. Honestly, I was a little distracted throughout that particular reference. I mean come on, R is cute right. Anyway, I hope that if the apocalypse ever does happen, we keep in mind that stuff on TV never works and becoming Rick Grimes is not the way to survive and save the world. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...