We see them everywhere. They are all over the internet and television being filmed for their craziness. We probably know one personally. No, I am not talking about dermatologists; I am talking about Karens (and Karls). Those nosy, know-it-all, less than desirable to society people that make a day of making everyone else’s life a little more miserable. However, I have a hot take. Karens are needed! I know it seems like an insane statement to make. Why on Earth are Karens actually needed in our lives? They seem to only detract from what would be a productive day. They are mildly racist. They throw unnecessary shade and overall judge us for even the littlest of things. However, if we really think about it, many of the things that Karens attack are things that we should be careful about anyway. In other words, Karens keep us on our toes. They make us think about everything we do so that we are productive members of society in order that these crazies are unable to judge us. If nothing else, they make us see just how bad people can be so we choose to do better. I have literally heard the statement, “I may not be the best person in the world, but at least I am not like her (meaning our local Karen).” It is all relative. If we see Karens as demons walking among us, then we can choose to do the opposite of whatever they are doing, but, for most people, it is an out of sight, out of mind kind of mindset. If we do not see any Karens, then we never have to accidentally compare ourselves to them, so we can feel good about ourselves whether we are actually good or not. Personally, I like to know where all the black cats are so I can avoid one crossing my path, while still knowing what they represent. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An Appropriate Phone Call
I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...
-
With the recent passing of May 1 st or May Day as many know it, it has come to my attention that we really do celebrate a day for just abou...
-
Red hearts, cards, flowers, and a box of nasty chocolate. That solves everything. Or does it. It is simple for most people this time of year...
-
Have you ever noticed that certain foods have certain shapes. It is something I call food geometry and I really do believe it exists. For in...
No comments:
Post a Comment