Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Hopping on the Dragon Bandwagon

All of my friends have their favorite shows. They all want me to watch them so they have something to talk about when we see each other. I have a problem, though. My stubbornness gets in the way of me enjoying things, not just TV shows, but a lot of categories. I refuse to buy into the hype. How could this new piece of technology be this useful? How could a restaurant’s food be that delicious? How could I possibly enjoy a TV show about a set of families fighting over an all-ruling throne? It is just a show about dragons and boobs, right? Then I actually took a minute, bought a Max subscription, and burned 3 months watching all of Game of Thrones. I hate to say, my friends were right. I actually got into the story. It is not the greatest show I have ever seen, especially the last season or two, but I enjoyed it. I should know better by now. I did the same thing with Breaking Bad. I avoided it for years. Bryan Cranston was Malcolm’s dad, and I didn’t think I would enjoy seeing him as a drug dealer. I was wrong. It is now one of my top 10 shows. Rick and Morty was the same way. I like adult cartoons, but am not a huge fan of Back to The Future. However, Rick and Morty is hilarious. I finally broke the habit and instead of being 5 seasons late, I caught up on The Bear after season 3 dropped. I now understand that my friends know good TV, and I should listen to them. Not every show they suggest is going to be a banger, but I will at least get some exposure to some new content and will understand the references like when someone talks about how Starbucks are everywhere, including Westeros. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...