Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I Don't Read, But My Eyes Still Work

I think in the modern age there is one thing that everyone can agree on – books are dead. Amongst all the arguing and fighting going on in the world, most people agree that it is so much easier to just watch the movie. I mean so what if Hestor Prynne never takes a bath in the book and so what if Forrest Gump was actually a fowl-mouthed, cynical piece of work. Demi Moore and Tom Hanks play the characters better anyway. If ever a book report is needed to be written, I am sure the teacher didn’t read the book either so for all they know your report on how short of a book The Hobbit is will probably go unnoticed. All of this to say, that people in the modern age are WRONG. Books are great and it is not that difficult to find them if you want them. I cannot tell you how many movies omit so many neat little details that the book fully explains and actually helps to make sense for later parts of the story. I was so disappointed when I actually borrowed and read Eragon. The movie is not even related to the book. It has similar character names and I do love Jeremy Irons as an actor, but it is not the same story. I have no problem with someone getting the gist of a story from a movie, but it should definitely be on a bucket list to read the actual book before making any judgements on a story that you have seen in films. To all my reading impaired friends out there, don’t give up hope. There are many audio recordings out there with one large company in particular coming to mind. Also, to all of my Harry Potter fanatics out there, just know that if you thought the movies were good, the extra little details in the books will only make you love the characters more. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...