Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Compliment Me and I'll Kill You

I’ve never been one to fish for compliments, mostly because I don’t care what others think. However, one trend that is slowly fading away in today’s time that was a real thing not that long ago is a true and honest compliment. People just don’t do it anymore, and it is an interesting scenario to see when someone is clearly pushing to be complimented and just can’t get the satisfaction. Some people just find it hard to compliment others, for a whole host of reasons. For one thing, modern society is a cavalcade of wallflowers whose faces turn red when they hiccup in public, so not only can they not take a compliment with a proper “Thank you,” but they have so much social anxiety that telling someone they like their hair-do might cause them to have a stroke. Also, while I do promote certain aspects of it, the introduction of the “Me Too” movement really put a halt on saying nice things to the female gender. One is never sure if they will enjoy the compliment or if they will take it as an insult because they think someone is ogling them. Sure, there is that class of neckbearded creeps that tip their fedora when they give a very inappropriate compliment, hoping for a “favor” in return, but I choose to believe they are a minority and do not represent the general population. Now I’m not saying I want society to devolve into those two chipmunks that can’t get anything done because they won’t stop saying “Thank you,” but it would be nice to be told that I looked nice once in a while. And, yes, I realize in this format you can’t see me. So maybe a simple comment on how good a wordsmith I am, even if you can barely make sense of my tangents. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...