Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Mr. No Days Off

Relaxation is a healthy part of keeping us all sane. So why then do I know people who even when they have a free day still choose to tackle a massive list of to-dos. They “work” even when they aren’t working. Honestly, I think they would work, for wages, 365 days a year. It would be like that episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs makes him take a vacation day. My father was like this. He worked 7-4 five days a week, and then on the weekends he would always have a project lined up that I would inevitably be roped into helping with. This is all after my long week of school, mind you. I also had a boss once that had nothing better to do than to be at work. He would come into the workplace, off the clock, and do stuff because he clearly had nothing to do at home. I think it is important for people to take some time to do something fun. And if you are one of those people who claim there is nothing fun to do, then you really need to get someone to show you how it’s done. A recreation guru so to speak. Pick up video games, read a book, binge some TV, hunt, fish, anything. Because all work and no play makes for a dull life. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...