Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Punctuality

 Punctuality. That thing that every job you’ve ever had requires as one of your character traits. It means being on time and, in some circles, it is regarded as an absolute necessity in life. But I’m here with a hot take—punctuality is an oppressive thought pattern that puts everyone in a hurry for no reason. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have heard the phrase, “We’re going to be late if we don’t hurry.” I gave up to the whims of the greater powers of the universe a long time ago and just decided to try my best to be on time and if I’m late, just apologize and move on. Although, anymore I find myself almost being late on purpose because, generally, I found that people are willing to wait five or ten minutes past a time that has been set. A lot of bosses, or at least the ones that matter, allow for a 15-minute grace period for you to get there. I mean I guess they understand the struggle. The biggest reason that I purposely show up late is that every time I have ever been early, someone else is late and then I have to wait on them. I find it much easier to just show up late and have the party already started. Of course, you do tend to miss a lot of buses with this philosophy. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...