Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Don't Be Afraid of Deconstruction

 Get out the sledgehammers and heavy machinery. Then put them back away, because I am not talking about deconstruction in the general sense. I am talking about the deconstruction of you as a person. This is a practice in psychology. What it means is that you take every single piece of your person, and I mean anything and everything that could define you as a person, and you “deconstruct” it, or figure out why it defines you as a person. Furthermore, the final goal is to decide if you want those parts of you to continue to define you as a person. A lot of people find that the things that they thought were just a part of them were actually things they did not believe in anymore, like their religion or annual traditions, or were things they never really enjoyed about themselves anyway, and they just thought that was how things had to be. The main questions you have to ask yourself during this deconstruction is “why”. Why did I do or believe in these things? Is it because it was what my parents did, or is it something I started doing on my own? Why are these things a part of my life? Am I choosing to keep doing these things because it is what I am told to do, or is it because it is what I want to do? The final goal is to make the decision of whether we want to keep being the person we are now or do we want to change or even improve who we are. And I am telling you now, do not be afraid of the deconstruction. Embrace it. There is nothing wrong with letting go of outdated viewpoints that were put upon you by your parents. This modern world is full of different viewpoints that you can adopt or even create your own. Do not be afraid to question why you are the person you are, because you might be surprised at how cool of a person you are. However, you may be very surprised at how cruel or even ignorant of a person you are. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...