Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Let's Introduce Some Discipline

 The world is very large and it is full of people, but if there is one thing I cannot stand it is undisciplined children. And you know the ones I’m talking about. The kids that go into a public place and act like complete menaces to society. They yell and scream and cry for no reason, dance around like monkeys, and destroy everything they touch. The only thing I can think when I see this is how much of a hide tanning I would have gotten as a youngster if I had behaved this way. My parents did not stand for this sort of behavior. It was okay to have a little fun and be a kid, but when we went into public, like for grocery shopping, or when my parents had a place to go for something important and had to bring us along, etc. we became proper little gentlemen and ladies. And if we didn’t, we knew what waited for us when we got home. Now, this is not to say that a parent has to spank their kid to discipline them. If you don’t want to spank, that is fine, but a child has to be shown, in some form or another, that there are consequences for their actions. In other words, if they cause trouble there will be trouble. Most parents follow the track of grounding; others with taking things away, but it could be something as simple as time in a corner by themselves. It is not cruel and unusual punishment to torture your kids a little by making them do things they don’t want to do, i.e. yardwork, extra chores, giving up valuables, or, yes, even sitting completely silently in a corner. With any luck, the children that are disciplined will grow up to become civilized, productive members of society and not assholes that think they can have everything their way because that was how it was as they grew up. And hopefully while they grow up in this reasonably disciplined environment, it will make it more peaceful for people like you and me to do the day-to-day activities for a normal life. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...