Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Intriguing Internet

The other day I was having internet trouble so I called the company for assistance. Now I won’t disclose the company name but it does rhyme with rectum. Anyway, it turned out that my modem was dying so they would have to send a new one. When the equipment arrived, I tried to follow the installation instructions, to no avail, and had to call them again. They ended up having to do a full system reboot of my internet which meant shutting off my internet and having me reinstall the hardware. This was an incredibly easy process, all of which they could see happening on their end. This was very intriguing to me. Not only could they shut down my internet with a snap of their fingers, but they could also tell when my modem was hooked up. Now the local internet office is probably only 30 miles away, but this call center that answered my call was probably more like 3000 miles away. By the way, I know it was a call center because I have worked at one, and I could hear other service workers in the background. I find it just a little creepy to know that a guy or gal 3000 miles away can actively see my internet connection and screw with it if they choose. Now I’m not a conspiracy theorist that believes our Alexas are spying on us, but it is odd that thought is even feasible in our minds much less be even remotely possible. Anyway, my internet is fixed and I can continue doing this and hopefully that person in charge of spying on me has a good time reading the pre-edit version of my rambles. The truth is out there. But that is just one man’s opinion. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I appreciate it. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Appropriate Phone Call

  I think in any society there has to be rules of engagement when dealing with social interaction. One of the biggest social interactions of...